Job outlook Light Duty Cleaner in Nova Scotia
Job opportunities for Light duty cleaners (NOC 6731) are good in Nova Scotia over the next 3 years. This job outlook is also applicable to people working as a light duty cleaner.
Job opportunities in Nova Scotia
The employment outlook will be good for Light duty cleaners (NOC 6731) in Nova Scotia for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment is expected to remain relatively stable.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are several unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- High employee turnover in this occupation could lead to additional employment opportunities.
- Due to the seasonal nature of this occupation, employment opportunities tend to be more favourable during the summer months.
Here are some key facts about Light duty cleaners in the Nova Scotia region:
- Approximately 7,050 people work in this occupation.
- Light duty cleaners mainly work in the following sectors:
- Building services (NAICS 5617): 41%
- Accommodation services (NAICS 721): 17%
- Nursing and residential care facilities (NAICS 623): 10%
- Hospitals (NAICS 622): 9%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: 60% compared to 80% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: 40% compared to 20% for all occupations
- 56% of light duty cleaners work all year, while 44% work only part of the year, compared to 62% and 38% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 27 weeks compared to 30 weeks for all occupations.
- 10% of light duty cleaners are self-employed compared to an average of 9% for all occupations.
Breakdown by region
Explore job prospects in Nova Scotia by economic region.
|Annapolis Valley Region||Good|
|Cape Breton Region||Good|
|North Shore Region||Good|
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Labour market conditions across Canada
We expect that the labour supply and demand for Light duty cleaners (NOC 6731) will be balanced in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: