Job outlook Light Duty Cleaner in Yukon
Job opportunities for Light duty cleaners (NOC 6731) are good in Yukon over the next 3 years. This job outlook is also applicable to people working as a light duty cleaner.
Job opportunities in Yukon
The employment outlook will be good for Light duty cleaners (NOC 6731) in Yukon for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- High employee turnover in this occupation could lead to additional employment opportunities.
Yukon's tourism sector is experiencing growth in a number of key indicators, including direct international border crossings and overnight visitors. Tourism-based occupations are expected to grow as a weaker Canadian dollar attracts more U.S. and international visitors.
Here are some key facts about Light duty cleaners in the Yukon region:
- Approximately 350 people work in this occupation.
- Light duty cleaners mainly work in the following sectors:
- Tourism & Culture (NAICS 51, 71-72): 31%
- Other Commercial Services (NAICS 54-56, 81): 26%
- Health care and social services (NAICS 62): 11%
- Other Primary Sector (NAICS 11): 10%
- Mining, quarrying, and oil and gas extraction (NAICS 21): 6%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: 66% compared to 82% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: 34% compared to 18% for all occupations
- 34% of light duty cleaners work all year, while 66% work only part of the year, compared to 56% and 44% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 29 weeks compared to 31 weeks for all occupations.
- 6% of light duty cleaners are self-employed compared to an average of 12% for all occupations.
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Labour market conditions across Canada
We expect that the labour supply and demand for Light duty cleaners (NOC 6731) will be balanced in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: