Job prospects Light Duty Cleaner in the Northeast Region
Explore current and future job prospects for Light duty cleaners in the Northeast Region. These trends also apply to people working as a light duty cleaner.
Note: These employment prospects were published in December 2021 based on the information available at the time of analysis. The next update will be in December 2022. To learn more, see our FAQs. You can also find additional information on the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard.
Recent trends from the past 3 years
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was poor over the past few years (2018-2020). There were more workers available than job openings.
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be good for Light duty cleaners (NOC 6731) in the Northeast region for the 2021-2023 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Light duty cleaners in the Northeast region:
- Approximately 3,610 people work in this occupation.
- Light duty cleaners mainly work in the following sectors:
- Management and Administrative Services (NAICS 55-56): 37%
- Ambulatory health care services and hospitals (NAICS 621-622): 19%
- Nursing and residential care facilities and social assistance (NAICS 623-624): 15%
- Accommodation and food services (NAICS 72): 14%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Labour market conditions over the next 10 yearsExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: