Job prospects Specialized Cleaner near Ottawa (ON)
Explore current and future job prospects for Specialized cleaners near Ottawa (ON). These trends also apply to people working as a specialized cleaner.
Note that these employment prospects were published in December 2019 based on information available at that time. You can read our new special report to learn about the impact of COVID-19 on some occupations in your province or territory. You can also visit the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard to find the latest data on the demand and work requirements for this occupation.
Balanced labour market
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2016-2018). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
The employment outlook will be fair for Specialized cleaners (NOC 6732) in the Ottawa region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- High employee turnover in this occupation could lead to additional employment opportunities.
- Due to the seasonal nature of this occupation, employment opportunities tend to be more favourable during the summer months.
Here are some key facts about Specialized cleaners in the Ottawa region:
- Approximately 1,140 people work in this occupation.
- Specialized cleaners mainly work in the following sectors:
- Other services (except public administration) (NAICS 81): 29%
- Retail Trade (NAICS 44-45): 25%
- Management and Administrative Services (NAICS 55-56): 24%
- Transportation and warehousing (NAICS 48-49): 7%
- Construction (NAICS 23): 5%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: