Job outlook Apartment Building Maintenance Worker near Toronto (ON)
The job outlook for an apartment building maintenance worker working near Toronto (ON) is fair over the next 3 years. This outlook is applicable to all Janitors, caretakers and building superintendents (NOC 6733).
Job opportunities near Toronto (ON)
The employment outlook will be fair for Janitors, caretakers and building superintendents (NOC 6733) in the Toronto region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment is expected to remain relatively stable.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- High employee turnover in this occupation could lead to additional employment opportunities.
Here are some key facts about Janitors, caretakers and building superintendents in the Toronto region:
- Approximately 34,210 people work in this occupation.
- Janitors, caretakers and building superintendents mainly work in the following sectors:
- Management and Administrative Services (NAICS 55-56): 21%
- Educational services (NAICS 61): 19%
- Finance, insurance and Real estate and rental and leasing (NAICS 52-53): 16%
- Construction (NAICS 23): 8%
Job opportunities in Ontario
Labour market conditions across Canada
We expect that the labour supply and demand for Janitors, caretakers and building superintendents (NOC 6733) will be balanced in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: