Job prospects Apartment Building Maintenance Worker near Vancouver (BC)
Explore current and future job prospects for Janitors, caretakers and building superintendents near Vancouver (BC). These trends also apply to people working as an apartment building maintenance worker.
Note that these employment prospects were published in December 2019 based on information available at that time. You can read our new special report to learn about the impact of COVID-19 on some occupations in your province or territory. You can also visit the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard to find the latest data on the demand and work requirements for this occupation.
Balanced labour market
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2016-2018). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
The employment outlook will be fair for Janitors, caretakers and building superintendents (NOC 6733) in the Lower Mainland - Southwest region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment decline will lead to the loss of some positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Janitors, caretakers and building superintendents in the Lower Mainland - Southwest region:
- Approximately 13,940 people work in this occupation.
- Janitors, caretakers and building superintendents mainly work in the following sectors:
- Management and Administrative Services (NAICS 55-56): 33%
- Educational services (NAICS 61): 17%
- Finance, insurance and Real estate and rental and leasing (NAICS 52-53): 10%
- Construction (NAICS 23): 7%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: