Job prospects Apartment Building Maintenance Worker near Kentville (NS)
Explore current and future job prospects for Janitors, caretakers and building superintendents near Kentville (NS). These trends also apply to people working as an apartment building maintenance worker.
Note that the current 2019-2021 employment prospects were published in December 2019 based on information available at that time. We are working to update this information as soon as possible. In the meantime, visit the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard to find the latest data on the demand and work requirements for this occupation. You can also read our newly updated sectoral profiles to learn about recent developments for key economic sectors in your region.
Balanced labour market
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2016-2018). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
The employment outlook will be fair for Janitors, caretakers and building superintendents (NOC 6733) in the Annapolis Valley region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment decline will lead to the loss of several positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are several unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- High employee turnover in this occupation could lead to additional employment opportunities.
Here are some key facts about Janitors, caretakers and building superintendents in the Annapolis Valley region:
- Approximately 560 people work in this occupation.
- Janitors, caretakers and building superintendents mainly work in the following sectors:
- Educational services (NAICS 61): 20%
- Management and administrative services (NAICS 55-56): 15%
- Finance, insurance and real estate and rental and leasing (NAICS 52-53): 13%
- Construction (NAICS 23): 10%
- Retail Trade (NAICS 44-45): 6%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: