Job prospects Freight Elevator Operator near Montréal (QC)
Explore current and future job prospects for Other service support occupations, n.e.c. near Montréal (QC). These trends also apply to people working as a freight elevator operator.
Note that the current 2019-2021 employment prospects were published in December 2019 based on information available at that time. We are working to update this information as soon as possible. In the meantime, visit the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard to find the latest data on the demand and work requirements for this occupation. You can also read our newly updated sectoral profiles to learn about recent developments for key economic sectors in your region.
Balanced labour market
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2016-2018). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
The employment outlook will be fair for Other service support occupations, n.e.c. (NOC 6742) in the census metropolitan area of Montréal for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment decline will lead to the loss of some positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- High employee turnover in this occupation could lead to additional employment opportunities.
Here are some key facts about Other service support occupations, n.e.c. in the census metropolitan area of Montréal:
- Approximately 3,250 people work in this occupation.
- Other service support occupations, n.e.c. mainly work in the following sectors:
- Other services (except public administration) (NAICS 81): 35%
- Information, cultural, arts, entertainment and recreation services (NAICS 51, 71): 17%
- Retail Trade (NAICS 44-45): 14%
- Finance, insurance and Real estate and rental and leasing (NAICS 52-53): 8%
- Management and Administrative Services (NAICS 55-56): 6%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: