Job outlook Gas Turbine Machinery Industrial Mechanic near Toronto (ON)
The job outlook for a gas turbine machinery industrial mechanic working near Toronto (ON) is good over the next 3 years. This outlook is applicable to all Construction millwrights and industrial mechanics (NOC 7311).
Job opportunities near Toronto (ON)
The employment outlook will be good for Construction millwrights and industrial mechanics (NOC 7311) in the Toronto region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Construction millwrights and industrial mechanics in the Toronto region:
- Approximately 10,350 people work in this occupation.
- Construction millwrights and industrial mechanics mainly work in the following sectors:
- Food, beverage and tobacco product manufacturing (NAICS 311, 312): 12%
- Motor vehicle, body, trailer and parts manufacturing (NAICS 3361-3363): 11%
- Construction (NAICS 23): 8%
- Other services (except public administration) (NAICS 81): 8%
- Chemical manufacturing (NAICS 325): 7%
Job opportunities in Ontario
Labour market conditions across Canada
We expect that the labour supply and demand for Construction millwrights and industrial mechanics (NOC 7311) will be balanced in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: