Job prospects Automotive Service Technician - Steering, Suspension And Brakes near Halifax (NS)
Explore current and future job prospects for Automotive service technicians, truck and bus mechanics and mechanical repairers near Halifax (NS). These trends also apply to people working as an automotive service technician - steering, suspension and brakes.
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was good over the past few years (2016-2018). There were more job openings than workers available to fill them.
The employment outlook will be fair for Automotive service technicians, truck and bus mechanics and mechanical repairers (NOC 7321) in the Halifax region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment decline will lead to the loss of a few positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- High employee turnover in this occupation could lead to additional employment opportunities.
Additional information is available at the provincial level.
Here are some key facts about Automotive service technicians, truck and bus mechanics and mechanical repairers in the Halifax region:
- Approximately 1,170 people work in this occupation.
- Automotive service technicians, truck and bus mechanics and mechanical repairers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Other services (except public administration) (NAICS 81): 48%
- Retail Trade (NAICS 44-45): 27%
- Transportation and warehousing (NAICS 48-49): 7%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: