Job prospects Automotive Service Technician - Steering, Suspension And Brakes near Thunder Bay (ON)
Explore current and future job prospects for Automotive service technicians, truck and bus mechanics and mechanical repairers near Thunder Bay (ON). These trends also apply to people working as an automotive service technician - steering, suspension and brakes.
Note that the current 2019-2021 employment prospects were published in December 2019 based on information available at that time. We are working to update this information as soon as possible. In the meantime, visit the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard to find the latest data on the demand and work requirements for this occupation. You can also read our newly updated sectoral profiles to learn about recent developments for key economic sectors in your region.
Balanced labour market
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2016-2018). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
The employment outlook will be fair for Automotive service technicians, truck and bus mechanics and mechanical repairers (NOC 7321) in the Northwest region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment decline will lead to the loss of some positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- Approximately 800 people work in this occupation.
- Automotive service technicians, truck and bus mechanics and mechanical repairers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Other services (except public administration) (NAICS 81): 38%
- Retail Trade (NAICS 44-45): 27%
- Transportation and warehousing (NAICS 48-49): 10%
- Wholesale trade (NAICS 41): 8%
Here are some key facts about Automotive service technicians, truck and bus mechanics and mechanical repairers in the Northwest region:
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: