Job prospects Heavy Equipment Operator near Toronto (ON)
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as "Heavy equipment operators (except crane)" near Toronto (ON) or Canada.
Current and future job prospects
Recent trends from the past 3 years
Over the past few years (2020-2022), the labour market was balanced for Heavy equipment operators (except crane) near Toronto (ON). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available in this occupation.
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be moderate for Heavy equipment operators (NOC 73400) in the Toronto region for the 2023-2025 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
Here are some key facts about Heavy equipment operators in the Toronto region:
- Approximately 4,910 people work in this occupation.
- Heavy equipment operators mainly work in the following sectors:
- Construction (NAICS 23): 66%
- Transportation and warehousing (NAICS 48-49): 7%
- Management and Administrative Services (NAICS 55-56): 6%
- Local, municipal, regional, aboriginal and other public administration (NAICS 913-919): 5%
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
Find out what will be the job prospects for Heavy equipment operators (except crane) across Canada over the next 10 years, from 2022 to 2031.
- Date modified: