Job outlook Heavy Equipment Operator Apprentice near Vancouver (BC)
The job outlook for a heavy equipment operator apprentice working near Vancouver (BC) is fair over the next 3 years. This outlook is applicable to all Heavy equipment operators (except crane) (NOC 7521).
Job opportunities near Vancouver (BC)
The employment outlook will be fair for Heavy equipment operators (except crane) (NOC 7521) in the Lower Mainland - Southwest region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Heavy equipment operators (except crane) in the Lower Mainland - Southwest region:
- Approximately 3,620 people work in this occupation.
- Heavy equipment operators (except crane) mainly work in the following sectors:
- Construction (NAICS 23): 72%
- Mining and quarrying (NAICS 212): 5%
Job opportunities in British Columbia
Labour market conditions across Canada
- Date modified: