Job prospects Inventory Control Clerk near Toronto (ON)
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as "Purchasing and inventory control workers" near Toronto (ON) or Canada.
Current and future job prospects
Note that these outlooks are based on the 2016 version of the NOC. Learn more about our methodology.
Recent trends from the past 3 years
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2019-2021). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
Source Labour Market Information | Recent Trends Assessment Methodology
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be good for Purchasing and inventory control workers (NOC 1524) in the Toronto region for the 2022-2024 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
Here are some key facts about Purchasing and inventory control workers in the Toronto region:
- Approximately 4,370 people work in this occupation.
- Purchasing and inventory control workers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Retail Trade (NAICS 44-45): 25%
- Transportation and warehousing (NAICS 48-49): 17%
- Wholesale trade (NAICS 41): 15%
- Management and Administrative Services (NAICS 55-56): 9%
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
- Date modified: