Job prospects Inventory Control Clerk in the Regina–Moose Mountain Region
National Occupational Classification update
We have updated this page to reflect the transition to the 2021 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). This means that the occupation "inventory control clerk" was moved from the group Purchasing and inventory control workers (NOC 1524) to the group Purchasing and inventory control workers (NOC 14403).
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as "Purchasing and inventory control workers" in the Regina–Moose Mountain Region or Canada.
Current and future job prospects
Note that these outlooks are based on the 2016 version of the NOC. Learn more about our methodology.
Recent trends from the past 3 years
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2019-2021). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
Source Labour Market Information | Recent Trends Assessment Methodology
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be good for Purchasing and inventory control workers (NOC 1524) in the Regina - Moose Mountain region for the 2022-2024 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are several unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Purchasing and inventory control workers in the Regina - Moose Mountain region:
- Approximately 260 people worked in this occupation in May 2016.
- Purchasing and inventory control workers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Wholesale trade (NAICS 41): 25%
- Retail Trade (NAICS 44-45): 21%
- Management and Administrative Services (NAICS 55-56): 15%
- Ambulatory health care services and hospitals (NAICS 621-622): 8%
- Transportation and warehousing (NAICS 48-49): 8%
Source Labour Market Information | Prospects Methodology
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
- Date modified: