Job prospects Labourer - Mineral And Metal Processing near Toronto (ON)
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as "Labourers in mineral and metal processing" near Toronto (ON) or Canada.
Current and future job prospects
Note that these outlooks are based on the 2016 version of the NOC. Learn more about our methodology.
Recent trends from the past 3 years
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2019-2021). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
Source Labour Market Information | Recent Trends Assessment Methodology
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be moderate for Labourers in mineral and metal processing (NOC 9611) in the Toronto region for the 2022-2024 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
Here are some key facts about Labourers in mineral and metal processing in the Toronto region:
- Approximately 970 people worked in this occupation in May 2016.
- Labourers in mineral and metal processing mainly work in the following sectors:
- Primary metal manufacturing (NAICS 331): 27%
- Wholesale trade (NAICS 41): 23%
- Management and Administrative Services (NAICS 55-56): 13%
- Non-metallic mineral product manufacturing (NAICS 327): 13%
- Fabricated metal product manufacturing (NAICS 332): 9%
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
Find out what will be the job prospects for Labourers in mineral and metal processing across Canada over the next 10 years, from 2022 to 2031.
- Date modified: