Job prospects Labourer - Mineral And Metal Processing near Toronto (ON)
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as "Labourers in mineral and metal processing" near Toronto (ON) or Canada.
Current and future job prospects
Recent trends from the past 3 years
Over the past few years (2020-2022), the labour market was balanced for Labourers in mineral and metal processing near Toronto (ON). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available in this occupation.
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be moderate for Labourers in mineral and metal processing (NOC 95100) in the Toronto region for the 2023-2025 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
Here are some key facts about Labourers in mineral and metal processing in the Toronto region:
- Approximately 1,170 people worked in this occupation in May 2021.
- Labourers in mineral and metal processing mainly work in the following sectors:
- Wholesale trade (NAICS 41): 24%
- Primary metal manufacturing (NAICS 331): 20%
- Non-metallic mineral product manufacturing (NAICS 327): 16%
- Fabricated metal product manufacturing (NAICS 332): 11%
- Miscellaneous manufacturing (NAICS 339): 6%
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
Find out what will be the job prospects for Labourers in mineral and metal processing across Canada over the next 10 years, from 2022 to 2031.
- Date modified: