Job prospects Geriatric Aide in New Brunswick
Job opportunities for Nurse aides, orderlies and patient service associates (NOC 3413) are good in New Brunswick over the next 3 years. These job prospects are also applicable to people working as a geriatric aide.
Note: These employment prospects were published in December 2021 based on the information available at the time of analysis. The next update will be in December 2022. To learn more, see our FAQs. You can also find additional information on the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard.
Job opportunities in New Brunswick
The employment outlook will be good for Nurse aides, orderlies and patient service associates (NOC 3413) in New Brunswick for the 2021-2023 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment is expected to remain relatively stable.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Nurse aides, orderlies and patient service associates in the New Brunswick region:
- Approximately 6,750 people work in this occupation.
- Nurse aides, orderlies and patient service associates mainly work in the following sectors:
- Nursing and residential care facilities (NAICS 623): 66%
- Hospitals (NAICS 622): 15%
- Social assistance (NAICS 624): 10%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: 75% compared to 83% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: 25% compared to 17% for all occupations
- 64% of nurse aides, orderlies and patient service associates work all year, while 36% work only part of the year, compared to 60% and 40% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 32 weeks compared to 29 weeks for all occupations.
- Less than 5% of nurse aides, orderlies and patient service associates are self-employed compared to an average of 8% for all occupations.
Breakdown by region
Explore job prospects in New Brunswick by economic region.
|Campbellton–Miramichi Region||Good Good|
|Edmundston–Woodstock Region||Good Good|
|Moncton–Richibucto Region||Good Good|
|Saint John–St. Stephen Region||Good Good|
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in Canada
We expect that there will be a labour SHORTAGE for Nurse aides, orderlies and patient service associates (NOC 3413) in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: