Job prospects Support Services Assistant - Medical near Grande Prairie (AB)
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as "Nurse aides, orderlies and patient service associates" near Grande Prairie (AB) or Canada.
Current and future job prospects
Recent trends from the past 3 years
Over the past few years (2020-2022), there was a labour shortage for Nurse aides, orderlies and patient service associates near Grande Prairie (AB). There were more job openings than workers available to fill them in this occupation.
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be good for Nurse aides, orderlies and patient service associates (NOC 33102) in the Athabasca - Grande Prairie - Peace River region for the 2023-2025 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Alberta’s population and its proportion of residents aged 65+ are predicted to increase over the next 20 years, contributing to demand for this occupation. Alberta’s Budget 2023 allocates $24.5 billion for health services in 2023-24, an increase of $965 million or 4.1% from 2022-23, including targeted health care enrolment to add 1,800 new seats at the University of Alberta and University of Calgary for health care aides, licensed practical nurses, and registered nurses over the next three years. Alberta plans to reform the management structure of Alberta Health Services this year which may have implications for job seekers.
Here are some key facts about Nurse aides, orderlies and patient service associates in the Athabasca - Grande Prairie - Peace River region:
- Approximately 2,190 people work in this occupation.
- Nurse aides, orderlies and patient service associates mainly work in the following sectors:
- Nursing and residential care facilities and social assistance (NAICS 623-624): 60%
- Ambulatory health care services and hospitals (NAICS 621-622): 32%
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
Find out what will be the job prospects for Nurse aides, orderlies and patient service associates across Canada over the next 10 years, from 2022 to 2031.
- Date modified: