Job prospects Support Services Assistant - Medical near Grande Prairie (AB)
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as "Nurse aides, orderlies and patient service associates" near Grande Prairie (AB) or Canada.
Current and future job prospects
Note: These outlooks are based on the 2016 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). Learn more about our methodology.
Recent trends from the past 3 years
Over the past few years (2019-2021), the labour market was balanced for Nurse aides, orderlies and patient service associates near Grande Prairie (AB). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available in this occupation.
Source Labour Market Information | Recent Trends Assessment Methodology
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be good for Nurse aides, orderlies and patient service associates (NOC 3413) in the Athabasca - Grande Prairie - Peace River region for the 2022-2024 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are several unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Alberta’s population and its proportion of residents aged 65+ are predicted to increase over the next 20 years, contributing to demand for this occupation. The Alberta government’s Budget 2022 allocates $22 billion for health services in 2022-23, an increase of approximately $500 million or 2.4% from 2021-22, excluding the costs related to responding to the COVID-19 pandemic. However, the Alberta government has signaled that it may soon pursue wage cuts for health sector employees.
Here are some key facts about Nurse aides, orderlies and patient service associates in the Athabasca - Grande Prairie - Peace River region:
- Approximately 1,650 people work in this occupation.
- Nurse aides, orderlies and patient service associates mainly work in the following sectors:
- Nursing and residential care facilities and social assistance (NAICS 623-624): 60%
- Ambulatory health care services and hospitals (NAICS 621-622): 33%
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
Find out what will be the job prospects for Nurse aides, orderlies and patient service associates across Canada over the next 10 years, from 2022 to 2031.
- Date modified: