Job prospects Support Services Assistant - Medical near Prince George (BC)
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as "Nurse aides, orderlies and patient service associates" near Prince George (BC) or Canada.
Current and future job prospects
Note: These outlooks are based on the 2016 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). Learn more about our methodology.
Recent trends from the past 3 years
Over the past few years (2019-2021), the labour market was balanced for Nurse aides, orderlies and patient service associates near Prince George (BC). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available in this occupation.
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be good for Nurse aides, orderlies and patient service associates (NOC 3413) in the Cariboo region for the 2022-2024 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- An aging population is driving long-term demand for more healthcare services.
- Demand also spiked due to the COVID-19 pandemic, increasing pressure for healthcare workers.
- More workers will be required to meet demand in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Nurse aides, orderlies and patient service associates in the Cariboo region:
- Approximately 980 people worked in this occupation in May 2016.
- Nurse aides, orderlies and patient service associates mainly work in the following sectors:
- Nursing and residential care facilities and social assistance (NAICS 623-624): 72%
- Ambulatory health care services and hospitals (NAICS 621-622): 21%
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
Find out what will be the job prospects for Nurse aides, orderlies and patient service associates across Canada over the next 10 years, from 2022 to 2031.
- Date modified: