Job prospects Support Services Assistant - Medical near Kingston (ON)
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as "Nurse aides, orderlies and patient service associates" near Kingston (ON) or Canada.
Current and future job prospects
Note that these outlooks are based on the 2016 version of the NOC. Learn more about our methodology.
Recent trends from the past 3 years
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2019-2021). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
Source Labour Market Information | Recent Trends Assessment Methodology
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be good for Nurse aides, orderlies and patient service associates (NOC 3413) in the Kingston - Pembroke region for the 2022-2024 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Nurse aides, orderlies and patient service associates in the Kingston - Pembroke region:
- Approximately 5,630 people work in this occupation.
- Nurse aides, orderlies and patient service associates mainly work in the following sectors:
- Nursing and residential care facilities and social assistance (NAICS 623-624): 72%
- Ambulatory health care services and hospitals (NAICS 621-622): 24%
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
Find out what will be the job prospects for Nurse aides, orderlies and patient service associates across Canada over the next 10 years, from 2022 to 2031.
- Date modified: