Job outlook Support Services Assistant - Medical near Longueuil (QC)
Job opportunities for Nurse aides, orderlies and patient service associates (NOC 3413) are good near Longueuil (QC) over the next 3 years. This job outlook is also applicable to people working as a support services assistant - medical.
Job opportunities near Longueuil (QC)
The employment outlook will be good for Nurse aides, orderlies and patient service associates (NOC 3413) in the Montérégie region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Employers usually require a Diploma of Vocational Studies in hospital assistance or in home support. Certification in cardiopulmonary resuscitation and successful training on the principles of safe movement of beneficiaries may also be required. However, due to recruitment challenges, some health establishments are turning to an accelerated training program, usually offered in-house. Autonomy, the ability to work as part of a team and a client-centered approach are the most often sought skills.
Employment growth in this occupation depends on population aging, increased needs for long-term care, the deteriorating health conditions of patients in residential and long-term care facilities (CHSLDs) and in private nursing homes, and health-related government priorities. Since needs are increasing and cases become more difficult, these professionals will continue to benefit from the growth expected in healthcare and social assistance.
Here are some key facts about Nurse aides, orderlies and patient service associates in the Montérégie region:
- Approximately 10,980 people work in this occupation.
- Nurse aides, orderlies and patient service associates mainly work in the following sectors:
- Nursing and residential care facilities and social assistance (NAICS 623-624): 56%
- Ambulatory health care services and hospitals (NAICS 621-622): 40%
Job opportunities in Québec
Labour market conditions across Canada
We expect that the labour supply and demand for Nurse aides, orderlies and patient service associates (NOC 3413) will be balanced in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: