Job prospects Support Services Assistant - Medical near Lévis (QC)
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as "Nurse aides, orderlies and patient service associates" near Lévis (QC) or Canada.
Current and future job prospects
Note that these outlooks are based on the 2016 version of the NOC. Learn more about our methodology.
Recent trends from the past 3 years
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2019-2021). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
Source Labour Market Information | Recent Trends Assessment Methodology
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be good for Nurse aides, orderlies and patient service associates (NOC 3413) in the Chaudière - Appalaches region for the 2022-2024 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- Employment in this profession depends on the aging population, growing needs in long-term care, and investments in healthcare, which are mainly made by the government.
- Each year, the government adds measures and increases budgets to improve services and make them more accessible to the public, which involves hiring more staff.
- The pandemic increased the demand for this profession, especially in residential and long-term care centres and private retirement homes, while the healthcare network has had to make up for the shortage of thousands of workers.
- Employment growth will also be supported by approximately forty seniors' homes opening and improvements to home care.
- To work in this profession, employers typically require a diploma of vocational studies in assistance in healthcare facilities or in home care assistance. CPR certification and successful completion of training in safe patient transfer principles may also be required.
- Faced with urgent staffing needs, the government implemented measures to facilitate recruitment, which include accelerated training and scholarships.
Here are some key facts about Nurse aides, orderlies and patient service associates in the Chaudière - Appalaches region:
- Approximately 3,630 people work in this occupation.
- Nurse aides, orderlies and patient service associates mainly work in the following sectors:
- Nursing and residential care facilities and social assistance (NAICS 623-624): 66%
- Ambulatory health care services and hospitals (NAICS 621-622): 31%
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
Find out what will be the job prospects for Nurse aides, orderlies and patient service associates across Canada over the next 10 years, from 2022 to 2031.
- Date modified: