Job prospects Support Services Assistant - Medical near Saanich (BC)
Explore current and future job prospects for Nurse aides, orderlies and patient service associates near Saanich (BC). These trends also apply to people working as a support services assistant - medical.
Note: These employment prospects were published in December 2021 based on the information available at the time of analysis. The next update will be in December 2022. To learn more, see our FAQs. You can also find additional information on the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard.
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2018-2020). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
The employment outlook will be good for Nurse aides, orderlies and patient service associates (NOC 3413) in the Vancouver Island and Coast region for the 2021-2023 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Nurse aides, orderlies and patient service associates in the Vancouver Island and Coast region:
- Approximately 7,560 people work in this occupation.
- Nurse aides, orderlies and patient service associates mainly work in the following sectors:
- Nursing and residential care facilities and social assistance (NAICS 623-624): 61%
- Ambulatory health care services and hospitals (NAICS 621-622): 34%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: