Job prospects Support Services Assistant - Medical in the Parklands Region
Explore current and future job prospects for Nurse aides, orderlies and patient service associates in the Parklands Region. These trends also apply to people working as a support services assistant - medical.
Note: These employment prospects were published in December 2021 based on the information available at the time of analysis. The next update will be in December 2022. To learn more, see our FAQs. You can also find additional information on the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard.
Recent trends from the past 3 years
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2018-2020). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be good for Nurse aides, orderlies and patient service associates (NOC 3413) in the Parklands region for the 2021-2023 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are several unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Nurse aides, orderlies and patient service associates in the Parklands region:
- Approximately 890 people work in this occupation.
- Nurse aides, orderlies and patient service associates mainly work in the following sectors:
- Ambulatory health care services and hospitals (NAICS 621-622): 57%
- Nursing and residential care facilities and social assistance (NAICS 623-624): 37%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Labour market conditions over the next 10 yearsExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: