Job prospects Support Services Assistant - Medical in the Northeast Region
Explore current and future job prospects for Nurse aides, orderlies and patient service associates in the Northeast Region. These trends also apply to people working as a support services assistant - medical.
Note that these employment prospects were published in December 2019 based on information available at that time. You can read our new special report to learn about the impact of COVID-19 on some occupations in your province or territory. You can also visit the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard to find the latest data on the demand and work requirements for this occupation.
We were not able to determine labour market conditions in this region over the past few years because of low employment levels in this occupational group.
The employment outlook will be good for Nurse aides, orderlies and patient service associates (NOC 3413) in the Northeast region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Individuals who are fluent in both English and French will have improved employment prospects.
Here are some key facts about Nurse aides, orderlies and patient service associates in the Northeast region:
- Approximately 5,120 people work in this occupation.
- Nurse aides, orderlies and patient service associates mainly work in the following sectors:
- Nursing and residential care facilities and social assistance (NAICS 623-624): 78%
- Ambulatory health care services and hospitals (NAICS 621-622): 17%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: