Job prospects Lawyer in the Ottawa Region
National Occupational Classification update
We have updated this page to reflect the transition to the 2021 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). This means that the occupation "lawyer" was moved from the group Lawyers and Quebec notaries (NOC 4112) to the group Lawyers and Quebec notaries (NOC 41101).
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as "Lawyers and Quebec notaries" in the Ottawa Region or Canada.
Current and future job prospects
Note that these outlooks are based on the 2016 version of the NOC. Learn more about our methodology.
Recent trends from the past 3 years
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2019-2021). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be moderate for Lawyers and Quebec notaries (NOC 4112) in the Ottawa region for the 2022-2024 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
Here are some key facts about Lawyers and Quebec notaries in the Ottawa region:
- Approximately 6,330 people work in this occupation.
- Lawyers and Quebec notaries mainly work in the following sectors:
- Professional, scientific and technical services (NAICS 54): 57%
- Federal government public administration (NAICS 911): 28%
Labour market conditions over the next 10 yearsExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: