Job prospects Secondary School Teacher in Northwest Territories
Job opportunities for Secondary school teachers (NOC 4031) are fair in Northwest Territories over the next 3 years. These job prospects are also applicable to people working as a secondary school teacher.
Note that these employment prospects were published in December 2019 based on information available at that time. You can read our new special report to learn about the impact of COVID-19 on some occupations in your province or territory. You can also visit the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard to find the latest data on the demand and work requirements for this occupation.
Job opportunities in Northwest Territories
The employment outlook will be fair for Secondary school teachers (NOC 4031) in Northwest Territories for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Secondary school teachers in the Northwest Territories region:
- Approximately 250 people work in this occupation.
- Secondary school teachers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Educational services (NAICS 61):more than 95%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: 93% compared to 86% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: 7% compared to 14% for all occupations
- 72% of secondary school teachers work all year, while 28% work only part of the year, compared to 64% and 36% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 28 weeks compared to 26 weeks for all occupations.
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in Canada
We expect that the labour supply and demand for Secondary school teachers (NOC 4031) will be balanced in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: