Job prospects Secondary School Teacher in Nunavut
Job opportunities for Secondary school teachers (NOC 4031) are fair in Nunavut over the next 3 years. These job prospects are also applicable to people working as a secondary school teacher.
Note: These employment prospects were published in December 2021 based on the information available at the time of analysis. The next update will be in December 2022. To learn more, see our FAQs. You can also find additional information on the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard.
Job opportunities in Nunavut
The employment outlook will be fair for Secondary school teachers (NOC 4031) in Nunavut for the 2021-2023 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are several unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- High employee turnover in this occupation could lead to additional employment opportunities.
- Approximately 200 people work in this occupation.
- Secondary school teachers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Educational services (NAICS 61):more than 95%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: 89% compared to 81% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: 11% compared to 19% for all occupations
- 69% of secondary school teachers work all year, while 31% work only part of the year, compared to 58% and 42% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 25 weeks compared to 24 weeks for all occupations.
Employment in education continues to adapt to changing market conditions brought on by the pandemic. Demand for teachers is expected to be high in the forecast period, particularly for teachers with Inuktut language skills. In 2020, Bill 25 mandated the provision of an Inuit language course in schools across Nunavut, which may increase demand for teachers with this specialized knowledge. As of autumn 2021, the Government of Nunavut was seeking to fill full-time, indeterminate, and term teaching positions across its 45 schools (Government of Nunavut 2021).
Here are some key facts about Secondary school teachers in the Nunavut region:
To view this data on a map, go to: LMI Explore
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
We expect that the labour supply and demand for Secondary school teachers (NOC 4031) will be balanced in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: