Job prospects Secondary School Teacher in Nunavut
Job opportunities for Secondary school teachers (NOC 4031) are fair in Nunavut over the next 3 years. These job prospects are also applicable to people working as a secondary school teacher.
Note that these employment prospects were published in December 2019 based on information available at that time. You can read our new special report to learn about the impact of COVID-19 on some occupations in your province or territory. You can also visit the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard to find the latest data on the demand and work requirements for this occupation.
Job opportunities in Nunavut
The employment outlook will be fair for Secondary school teachers (NOC 4031) in Nunavut for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are several unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- High employee turnover in this occupation could lead to additional employment opportunities.
Demand for this occupation is expected to be strong with communities all over Nunavut facing high teacher vacancies in recent years.
Arctic College runs teacher training in the area, through its Nunavut Teacher Education Program.
Here are some key facts about Secondary school teachers in the Nunavut region:
- Approximately 250 people work in this occupation.
- Secondary school teachers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Educational services (NAICS 61):more than 95%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: 89% compared to 81% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: 11% compared to 19% for all occupations
- 69% of secondary school teachers work all year, while 31% work only part of the year, compared to 58% and 42% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 25 weeks compared to 24 weeks for all occupations.
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in Canada
We expect that the labour supply and demand for Secondary school teachers (NOC 4031) will be balanced in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: