Job prospects Secondary School Teacher in Yukon
Job opportunities for Secondary school teachers (NOC 4031) are fair in Yukon over the next 3 years. This job outlook is also applicable to people working as a secondary school teacher.
Job opportunities in Yukon
The employment outlook will be fair for Secondary school teachers (NOC 4031) in Yukon for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Secondary school teachers in the Yukon region:
- Approximately 250 people work in this occupation.
- Secondary school teachers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Educational services (NAICS 61):more than 95%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: 88% compared to 82% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: 12% compared to 18% for all occupations
- 61% of secondary school teachers work all year, while 39% work only part of the year, compared to 56% and 44% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 29 weeks compared to 31 weeks for all occupations.
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in Canada
We expect that the labour supply and demand for Secondary school teachers (NOC 4031) will be balanced in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: