Job prospects Secondary School Teacher in the Southern Region
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as "Secondary school teachers" in the Southern Region or Canada.
Current and future job prospects
Note that these outlooks are based on the 2016 version of the NOC. Learn more about our methodology.
Recent trends from the past 3 years
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2019-2021). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
Source Labour Market Information | Recent Trends Assessment Methodology
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be moderate for Secondary school teachers (NOC 4031) in the Southern region for the 2022-2024 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a few new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Additional information is available at the provincial level.
Here are some key facts about Secondary school teachers in the Southern region:
- Approximately 510 people worked in this occupation in May 2016.
- Secondary school teachers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Educational services (NAICS 61): more than 95%
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
Find out what will be the job prospects for Secondary school teachers across Canada over the next 10 years, from 2022 to 2031.
- Date modified: