Job prospects Paralegal in the Northwest Region
National Occupational Classification update
We have updated this page to reflect the transition to the 2021 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). This means that the occupation "paralegal" was moved from the group Paralegal and related occupations (NOC 4211) to the group Paralegals and related occupations (NOC 42200).
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as "Paralegal and related occupations" in the Northwest Region or Canada.
Current and future job prospects
Note that these outlooks are based on the 2016 version of the NOC. Learn more about our methodology.
Recent trends from the past 3 years
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2019-2021). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be good for Paralegal and related occupations (NOC 4211) in the Northwest region for the 2022-2024 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Paralegal and related occupations in the Northwest region:
- Approximately 170 people worked in this occupation in May 2016.
- Paralegal and related occupations mainly work in the following sectors:
- Professional, scientific and technical services (NAICS 54): 94%
- Provincial and territorial public administration (NAICS 912): 6%
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
- Date modified: