Job prospects Oil And Gas Property Paralegal near Toronto (ON)
Explore current and future job prospects for Paralegal and related occupations near Toronto (ON). These trends also apply to people working as an oil and gas property paralegal.
Note that these employment prospects were published in December 2019 based on information available at that time. You can read our new special report to learn about the impact of COVID-19 on some occupations in your province or territory. You can also visit the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard to find the latest data on the demand and work requirements for this occupation.
Balanced labour market
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2016-2018). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
The employment outlook will be fair for Paralegal and related occupations (NOC 4211) in the Toronto region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
The Toronto area employed more than one-half of these legal professionals in Ontario given its high concentration of courthouses, law firms, government offices and corporate head offices. A clustering of administrative boards and tribunals, and small claims and traffic courts may also provide additional employment for independent paralegals offering services in this region.
Here are some key facts about Paralegal and related occupations in the Toronto region:
- Approximately 10,980 people work in this occupation.
- Paralegal and related occupations mainly work in the following sectors:
- Professional, scientific and technical services (NAICS 54): 83%
- Finance, insurance and Real estate and rental and leasing (NAICS 52-53): 6%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: