Job prospects Sales Supervisor - Retail near Lethbridge (AB)
Explore current and future job prospects for Retail sales supervisors near Lethbridge (AB). These trends also apply to people working as a sales supervisor - retail.
Note that the current 2019-2021 employment prospects were published in December 2019 based on information available at that time. We are working to update this information as soon as possible. In the meantime, visit the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard to find the latest data on the demand and work requirements for this occupation. You can also read our newly updated sectoral profiles to learn about recent developments for key economic sectors in your region.
Balanced labour market
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2016-2018). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
The employment outlook will be good for Retail sales supervisors (NOC 6211) in the Lethbridge - Medicine Hat region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a few new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
The production of recreational and medical cannabis, and associated product development has created demand for this occupation. In Alberta, the cannabis industry is concentrated in the areas of Edmonton, Calgary and Lethbridge-Medicine Hat. The recent legalization of edible cannabis products may lead to new job opportunities.
Here are some key facts about Retail sales supervisors in the Lethbridge - Medicine Hat region:
- Approximately 1,520 people work in this occupation.
- Retail sales supervisors mainly work in the following sectors:
- Retail Trade (NAICS 44-45): 80%
- Finance, insurance and Real estate and rental and leasing (NAICS 52-53): 5%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: