Job prospects Sales Supervisor - Retail in British Columbia
Job opportunities for Retail sales supervisors (NOC 6211) are good in British Columbia over the next 3 years. These job prospects are also applicable to people working as a sales supervisor - retail.
Note that these employment prospects were published in December 2019 based on information available at that time. You can read our new special report to learn about the impact of COVID-19 on some occupations in your province or territory. You can also visit the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard to find the latest data on the demand and work requirements for this occupation.
Job opportunities in British Columbia
The employment outlook will be good for Retail sales supervisors (NOC 6211) in British Columbia for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Retail sales supervisors in the British Columbia region:
- Approximately 33,550 people work in this occupation.
- Retail sales supervisors mainly work in the following sectors:
- Other retail stores (NAICS 44-45, except 445): 52%
- Food and beverage stores (NAICS 445): 30%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: 81% compared to 77% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: 19% compared to 23% for all occupations
- 66% of retail sales supervisors work all year, while 34% work only part of the year, compared to 57% and 43% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 36 weeks compared to 32 weeks for all occupations.
- Less than 5% of retail sales supervisors are self-employed compared to an average of 14% for all occupations.
Breakdown by region
Explore job prospects in British Columbia by economic region.
|Cariboo Region||Fair Fair|
|Kootenay Region||Good Good|
|Lower Mainland–Southwest Region||Good Good|
|Nechako Region||Good Good|
|North Coast Region||Good Good|
|Northeast Region||Good Good|
|Thompson–Okanagan Region||Good Good|
|Vancouver Island and Coast Region||Good Good|
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in Canada
We expect that the labour supply and demand for Retail sales supervisors (NOC 6211) will be balanced in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: