Job prospects Sales Supervisor - Retail in Ontario
Job opportunities for Retail sales supervisors (NOC 6211) are fair in Ontario over the next 3 years. These job prospects are also applicable to people working as a sales supervisor - retail.
Note: These employment prospects were published in December 2021 based on the information available at the time of analysis. The next update will be in December 2022. To learn more, see our FAQs. You can also find additional information on the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard.
Job opportunities in Ontario
The employment outlook will be fair for Retail sales supervisors (NOC 6211) in Ontario for the 2021-2023 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Retail sales supervisors in the Ontario region:
- Approximately 88,350 people work in this occupation.
- Retail sales supervisors mainly work in the following sectors:
- Other retail stores (NAICS 44-45, except 445): 57%
- Food and beverage stores (NAICS 445): 22%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: 75% compared to 79% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: 25% compared to 21% for all occupations
- 71% of retail sales supervisors work all year, while 29% work only part of the year, compared to 63% and 37% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 32 weeks compared to 31 weeks for all occupations.
- Less than 5% of retail sales supervisors are self-employed compared to an average of 12% for all occupations.
Breakdown by region
Explore job prospects in Ontario by economic region.
|Hamilton–Niagara Peninsula Region||Fair Fair|
|Kingston–Pembroke Region||Fair Fair|
|Kitchener–Waterloo–Barrie Region||Fair Fair|
|London Region||Fair Fair|
|Muskoka–Kawarthas Region||Fair Fair|
|Northeast Region||Fair Fair|
|Northwest Region||Fair Fair|
|Ottawa Region||Fair Fair|
|Stratford–Bruce Peninsula Region||Fair Fair|
|Toronto Region||Fair Fair|
|Windsor-Sarnia Region||Fair Fair|
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in Canada
We expect that the labour supply and demand for Retail sales supervisors (NOC 6211) will be balanced in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: