Job prospects Sales Supervisor - Retail in Prince Edward Island
Job opportunities for Retail sales supervisors (NOC 6211) are fair in Prince Edward Island over the next 3 years. These job prospects are also applicable to people working as a sales supervisor - retail.
Note that these employment prospects were published in December 2019 based on information available at that time. You can read our new special report to learn about the impact of COVID-19 on some occupations in your province or territory. You can also visit the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard to find the latest data on the demand and work requirements for this occupation.
Job opportunities in Prince Edward Island
The employment outlook will be fair for Retail sales supervisors (NOC 6211) in Prince Edward Island for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Retail trade supervisors have a younger age profile; therefore, retirements will create few job openings over the next few years. Many vacancies will occur due to turnover as workers leave for other opportunities offering higher pay or more regular hours. As companies extend their hours of operation and offer a greater range of products and services, additional supervisory staff will be needed. Those willing to work a flexible schedule will increase their job potential. Job prospects will be more favourable for individuals with retail management experience, proficiency in computer applications and digital inventory systems, and knowledge of the employer's business line.
Here are some key facts about Retail sales supervisors in the Prince Edward Island region:
- Approximately 1,150 people work in this occupation.
- Retail sales supervisors mainly work in the following sectors:
- Other retail stores (NAICS 44-45, except 445): 48%
- Food and beverage stores (NAICS 445): 19%
- Food, beverage and tobacco product manufacturing (NAICS 311, 312): 15%
- Other manufacturing (NAICS 313-316, 323-324, 326-327, 331, 334-335, 337, 339): 6%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: 84% compared to 83% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: 16% compared to 17% for all occupations
- 79% of retail sales supervisors work all year, while 21% work only part of the year, compared to 58% and 42% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 27 weeks compared to 27 weeks for all occupations.
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in Canada
We expect that the labour supply and demand for Retail sales supervisors (NOC 6211) will be balanced in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: