Job prospects Sales Supervisor - Retail in the Northeast Region
Explore current and future job prospects for Retail sales supervisors in the Northeast Region. These trends also apply to people working as a sales supervisor - retail.
Note that these employment prospects were published in December 2019 based on information available at that time. You can read our new special report to learn about the impact of COVID-19 on some occupations in your province or territory. You can also visit the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard to find the latest data on the demand and work requirements for this occupation.
Balanced labour market
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2016-2018). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
The employment outlook will be good for Retail sales supervisors (NOC 6211) in the Northeast region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Retail sales supervisors in the Northeast region:
- Approximately 680 people work in this occupation.
- Retail sales supervisors mainly work in the following sectors:
- Retail Trade (NAICS 44-45): 82%
- Wholesale trade (NAICS 41): 9%
- Other services (except public administration) (NAICS 81): 9%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: