Job prospects Cleaning Supervisor near Canmore (AB)
Explore current and future job prospects for Cleaning supervisors near Canmore (AB). These trends also apply to people working as a cleaning supervisor.
Note that the current 2019-2021 employment prospects were published in December 2019 based on information available at that time. We are working to update this information as soon as possible. In the meantime, visit the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard to find the latest data on the demand and work requirements for this occupation. You can also read our newly updated sectoral profiles to learn about recent developments for key economic sectors in your region.
Balanced labour market
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2016-2018). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
The employment outlook will be fair for Cleaning supervisors (NOC 6315) in the Banff - Jasper - Rocky Mountain House region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a few new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
This tourism-related occupation is expected to remain in demand; benefiting from a Canadian loonie to US Dollar exchange rate that is favourable to U.S. visitors. There is increased seasonal demand within tourism-oriented communities such as Banff, Jasper, and the Mountain Parks region. Many employees in this occupation are itinerant due to the lack of affordable accommodations within this region. Some larger employers are offering subsidized staff accommodations to attract and retain employees over the long-term.
Here are some key facts about Cleaning supervisors in the Banff - Jasper - Rocky Mountain House region:
- Approximately 630 people work in this occupation.
- Cleaning supervisors mainly work in the following sectors:
- Management and Administrative Services (NAICS 55-56): 26%
- Accommodation and food services (NAICS 72): 21%
- Educational services (NAICS 61): 19%
- Construction (NAICS 23): 14%
- Nursing and residential care facilities and social assistance (NAICS 623-624): 7%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in Canada
- Date modified: