Job prospects Chef near Red Deer (AB)
Explore current and future job prospects for Chefs near Red Deer (AB). These trends also apply to people working as a chef.
Note: These employment prospects were published in December 2021 based on the information available at the time of analysis. The next update will be in December 2022. To learn more, see our FAQs. You can also find additional information on the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard.
Recent trends from the past 3 years
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was very good over the past few years (2019-2021). There were far more job openings than workers available to fill them.
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be fair for Chefs (NOC 6321) in the Red Deer region for the 2021-2023 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are several unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- High employee turnover in this occupation could lead to additional employment opportunities.
Here are some key facts about Chefs in the Red Deer region:
- Approximately 250 people work in this occupation.
- Chefs mainly work in the following sectors:
- Accommodation and food services (NAICS 72): 77%
- Nursing and residential care facilities and social assistance (NAICS 623-624): 11%
- Local, municipal, regional, aboriginal and other public administration (NAICS 913-919): 6%
- Information, cultural, arts, entertainment and recreation services (NAICS 51, 71): 5%
To view this data on a map, go to: LMI Explore
Labour market conditions over the next 10 yearsExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: