Job outlook Chef near Toronto (ON)
Job opportunities for Chefs (NOC 6321) are good near Toronto (ON) over the next 3 years. This job outlook is also applicable to people working as a chef.
Job opportunities near Toronto (ON)
The employment outlook will be good for Chefs (NOC 6321) in the Toronto region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- High employee turnover in this occupation could lead to additional employment opportunities.
- Due to the seasonal nature of this occupation, employment opportunities tend to be more favourable during the summer months.
The region is home to a large number of accommodation and eating establishments which should create opportunities for the occupation. Additionally, the dense population and significant tourism industry, which includes multiple festivals, conferences, and sporting events, should generate greater demand for both seasonal opportunities and turnover related opportunities.
Here are some key facts about Chefs in the Toronto region:
- Approximately 14,420 people work in this occupation.
- Chefs mainly work in the following sectors:
- Accommodation and food services (NAICS 72): 83%
Job opportunities in Ontario
Labour market conditions across Canada
We expect that the labour supply and demand for Chefs (NOC 6321) will be balanced in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: