Job prospects Chef near Smithers (BC)
Explore current and future job prospects for Chefs near Smithers (BC). These trends also apply to people working as a chef.
Balanced labour market
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2016-2018). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
The employment outlook will be fair for Chefs (NOC 6321) in the Nechako region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are several unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- High employee turnover in this occupation could lead to additional employment opportunities.
Here are some key facts about Chefs in the Nechako region:
- Approximately 120 people work in this occupation.
- Chefs mainly work in the following sectors:
- Accommodation and food services (NAICS 72): 62%
- Information, cultural, arts, entertainment and recreation services (NAICS 51, 71): 12%
- Mining and quarrying (NAICS 212): 8%
- Educational services (NAICS 61): 7%
- Forestry and logging: 6%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: