Job prospects Chef near Winnipeg (MB)
Explore current and future job prospects for Chefs near Winnipeg (MB). These trends also apply to people working as a chef.
Balanced labour market
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2016-2018). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
The employment outlook will be fair for Chefs (NOC 6321) in the Winnipeg region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- High employee turnover in this occupation could lead to additional employment opportunities.
Here are some key facts about Chefs in the Winnipeg region:
- Approximately 1,570 people work in this occupation.
- Chefs mainly work in the following sectors:
- Accommodation and food services (NAICS 72): 70%
- Nursing and residential care facilities and social assistance (NAICS 623-624): 10%
- Information, cultural, arts, entertainment and recreation services (NAICS 51, 71): 7%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: