Job prospects Chef near Kentville (NS)
Explore current and future job prospects for Chefs near Kentville (NS). These trends also apply to people working as a chef.
Note that these employment prospects were published in December 2019 based on information available at that time. You can read our new special report to learn about the impact of COVID-19 on some occupations in your province or territory. You can also visit the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard to find the latest data on the demand and work requirements for this occupation.
We were not able to determine labour market conditions in this region over the past few years because of low employment levels in this occupational group.
The employment outlook will be fair for Chefs (NOC 6321) in the Annapolis Valley region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are several unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Chefs in the Annapolis Valley region:
- Approximately 90 people work in this occupation.
- Chefs mainly work in the following sectors:
- Food services and drinking places (NAICS 722): 77%
- Educational services (NAICS 61): 8%
- Information, cultural, arts, entertainment and recreation services (NAICS 51, 71): 7%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: