Job prospects Hairstylist Apprentice in New Brunswick
Job opportunities for Hairstylists and barbers (NOC 6341) are fair in New Brunswick over the next 3 years. These job prospects are also applicable to people working as a hairstylist apprentice.
Note that these employment prospects were published in December 2019 based on information available at that time. You can read our new special report to learn about the impact of COVID-19 on some occupations in your province or territory. You can also visit the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard to find the latest data on the demand and work requirements for this occupation.
Job opportunities in New Brunswick
The employment outlook will be fair for Hairstylists and barbers (NOC 6341) in New Brunswick for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment decline will lead to the loss of some positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- High employee turnover in this occupation could lead to additional employment opportunities.
Here are some key facts about Hairstylists and barbers in the New Brunswick region:
- Approximately 2,650 people work in this occupation.
- Hairstylists and barbers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Personal and laundry services (NAICS 812):more than 95%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: 68% compared to 83% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: 32% compared to 17% for all occupations
- 66% of hairstylists and barbers work all year, while 34% work only part of the year, compared to 60% and 40% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 39 weeks compared to 29 weeks for all occupations.
- 62% of hairstylists and barbers are self-employed compared to an average of 8% for all occupations.
Breakdown by region
Explore job prospects in New Brunswick by economic region.
|Campbellton–Miramichi Region||Fair Fair|
|Edmundston–Woodstock Region||Fair Fair|
|Moncton–Richibucto Region||Fair Fair|
|Saint John–St. Stephen Region||Fair Fair|
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in Canada
We expect that the labour supply and demand for Hairstylists and barbers (NOC 6341) will be balanced in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: