Job prospects Bartender in the Lethbridge–Medicine Hat Region
Explore current and future job prospects for Bartenders in the Lethbridge–Medicine Hat Region. These trends also apply to people working as a bartender.
Note: These employment prospects were published in December 2021 based on the information available at the time of analysis. The next update will be in December 2022. To learn more, see our FAQs. You can also find additional information on the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard.
Recent trends from the past 3 years
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2018-2020). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be limited for Bartenders (NOC 6512) in the Lethbridge - Medicine Hat region for the 2021-2023 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a few new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- High employee turnover in this occupation could lead to additional employment opportunities.
Here are some key facts about Bartenders in the Lethbridge - Medicine Hat region:
- Approximately 300 people work in this occupation.
- Bartenders mainly work in the following sectors:
- Accommodation and food services (NAICS 72): 84%
- Information, cultural, arts, entertainment and recreation services (NAICS 51, 71): 6%
- Educational services (NAICS 61): 6%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Labour market conditions over the next 10 yearsExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: