Job prospects Elementary School Teacher's Aide near Edmonton (AB)
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as "Elementary and secondary school teacher assistants" near Edmonton (AB) or Canada.
Current and future job prospects
Recent trends from the past 3 years
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be moderate for Elementary and secondary school teacher assistants (NOC 43100) in the Edmonton region for the 2023-2025 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a few new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Alberta’s government is increasing its investment in the K-12 education system in Budget 2023 by providing $8.8 billion in operating expense in 2023-24 growing to $9.2 billion by 2025-26, an increase of more than $1.8 billion over the next three years. This includes funding to hire up to 3,000 education staff including teachers, educational assistants, bus drivers, and school support staff over the next three years.
Here are some key facts about Elementary and secondary school teacher assistants in the Edmonton region:
- Approximately 4,520 people work in this occupation.
- Elementary and secondary school teacher assistants mainly work in the following sectors:
- Educational services (NAICS 61): more than 95%
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
Find out what will be the job prospects for Elementary and secondary school teacher assistants across Canada over the next 10 years, from 2022 to 2031.
- Date modified: