Job prospects Elementary School Teacher's Aide in Manitoba
Job opportunities for Elementary and secondary school teacher assistants (NOC 4413) are good in Manitoba over the next 3 years. These job prospects are also applicable to people working as an elementary school teacher's aide.
Note that these employment prospects were published in December 2019 based on information available at that time. You can read our new special report to learn about the impact of COVID-19 on some occupations in your province or territory. You can also visit the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard to find the latest data on the demand and work requirements for this occupation.
Job opportunities in Manitoba
The employment outlook will be good for Elementary and secondary school teacher assistants (NOC 4413) in Manitoba for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Elementary and secondary school teacher assistants in the Manitoba region:
- Approximately 7,850 people work in this occupation.
- Elementary and secondary school teacher assistants mainly work in the following sectors:
- Elementary and secondary schools (NAICS 6111):more than 95%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: 66% compared to 79% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: 34% compared to 21% for all occupations
- 17% of elementary and secondary school teacher assistants work all year, while 83% work only part of the year, compared to 64% and 36% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 36 weeks compared to 31 weeks for all occupations.
- Less than 5% of elementary and secondary school teacher assistants are self-employed compared to an average of 10% for all occupations.
Breakdown by region
Explore job prospects in Manitoba by economic region.
|Interlake Region||Good Good|
|North Central Region||Good Good|
|North Region||Limited Limited|
|Parklands Region||Limited Limited|
|South Central Region||Good Good|
|Southeast Region||Good Good|
|Southwest Region||Good Good|
|Winnipeg Region||Good Good|
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in Canada
We expect that the labour supply and demand for Elementary and secondary school teacher assistants (NOC 4413) will be balanced in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: